- Squats (w/o belt)
- 230 lbs, 3 sets x 3 reps
- 205 lbs, 2 sets x 5 reps
- Donkey Calf Raises, 2 sets x 50 reps
- Lying Leg Raises, 2 sets x 50 reps
- Bench Press (195 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Incline Bench Press* (160 lbs, 35°), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Standing Shoulder Press** (145 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
* Most of the reps I performed were short of reaching my chest by about 2 inches. My right shoulder is still sore from three months ago when I hit it with a barbell while doing push presses. It has been a long slow road to recovery.
** I had to drop the weight I use in the standing shoulder press since I started doing full range bench presses again. Now that I added incline presses back into my routine the fatigue in my shoulders is even that much greater. I am not concerned as I am sure once my body adapts I will slowly increase the weight again. I just thought I should make a not of this phenomena in my training journal for reference in the future.
I just entered my first Powerlifitng tournament (Brickhouse Power Challenge) and here are the results. I definitely didn’t max out on any of my lifts but rather entered to gain experience. I did a 275 lbs Squat, a 226 lbs bench press, and a 352 lbs deadlift at a bodyweight of 153 lbs which is not bad considering this is my first tournament and I am 37 years old.
- Bench Press
- 190 lbs, 3 sets x 7 reps
- Standing Shoulder Press
- 140 lbs, 3 sets x 7 reps
- Deadlift (w/o belt, w/o straps)
- 325 lbs, 3 sets x 3 reps
- Squats (w/o belt)
- 205 lbs x 5 reps
- 225 lbs, 3 sets x 3 reps*
* I failed during the third set on the last rep. I am going to have to perform deadlifts and squats on a different days. After doing deadlifts first I could notice how tired I was while performing squats.
- Bench Press (185 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Standing Shoulder Press (135 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
CT Fletcher holds the strict biceps curl world record of 225 lbs. If CT Fletcher is giving you permission to cheat then it is okay to cheat.