- Superset: Standing Shoulder Press & Barbell Upright Row
- 70 lbs, 5 sets x 7 reps
- Around The World Lateral Raise
- 20 lbs, 5 sets x 7 reps
* I accidentally increased the weight by 10 lbs instead of 5 lbs and as a result failed on the 5th rep. I will attempt 230 lbs the next workout before trying 235 lbs the consecutive workout.
* I failed on the box squat but have been setting new PRs over the last few weeks. My bodyweight is down to 165 lbs but I was still able to do a 265 lbs front squat the previous leg workout which is not too bad. I know that in Classic Powerlifting (raw) being able to bench press 100 lbs more than your bodyweight would qualify you for the nationals here in Canada. The weight an athlete can handle in the front squat is somewhat similar. The most I have ever seen any front squat on YouTube is around 600 lbs.
* Using 20 lbs wasn’t much of a challenge however, I picked a starting point and will continue to add 5 lbs a workout until I can’t add any more weight. Then drop the weight back down and repeat the process using 3, 5, 12, 15, or 20 rep sets. This type of a pyramid allows me to continuously add 5 lbs each workout for months without failure. Chances are I get bored of the exercise long before I reach a plateau.
* I failed on the seventh rep.