* This is the first time being able to do pull-ups again in over half a year since I hurt my shoulder. This weight felt a little heavy so I am going to start back down at 2.5 lbs and work my way back up slowly so that I can allow myself to stretch at the bottom part of the movement. My should injury limited my range of motion and I haven’t allowed myself to stretch the lats in the bottom portion of the chin-up either.
* I decided to try something different in the box squat. Up until this point in time I have always performed this exercises touch-n-go using the box as a high reference for the most part. This time around I am going to deliberately pause at the bottom of each rep to ensure the entire load of the wright reaches a dead stop. This makes the exercise much harder and I will have to reduce the weight I lift but in time it will cause more muscle fibers to contract in unison on the concentric part of the movement.
* I have previously gone up to 150 lbs for 3 sets of 3 reps in the hang power snatch using straps with a body weight of 105-160 lbs. I am starting out light as this is the first time doing this exercise without straps and because of a past should injury which was the initial cause of me having to stop performing most overhead exercises for over half a year.
* I couldn’t complete all 3 reps on two of these sets. My goal was to complete 5 sets of 3 reps but I just didn’t have the energy today. If I fail on a set I usually allow myself to rest as much as possible and make make as many attempts as I need to in order to finish all five sets.
* I failed on the 250 lbs bench press attempt and am getting really frustrated. I am not sure what is going on here. I was recently doing 5 sets of 3 reps using 240 lbs and then I just lost all the strength I have i this exercise after suffering from a small amount of chronic soreness in the front delts that lasted 2 weeks. In that time my bench press greatly diminished. I thought this soreness and plateau in strength might be from using bad technique so I decided to drop way down in weight and practice a competition style of bench pressing in which I paused at the bottom of each rep.