- Chin-ups (BW=161 lbs + 72.5 lbs), 3 sets x 3 reps
- Raw Deadlift* (205 lbs, 275 lbs, 285 lbs, 345 lbs, 325 lbs), singles
- Barbell Row (190 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Shrugs (260 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Barbell Curl (100 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
* I failed on the 345 lbs deadlift but was able to lift the weight at least 5 or 6 inches from the ground. I have also decided that each time I fail to be cure to include an additional set with a lesser weight to still ensure I get a complete workout.
* I am using a kick to help reach my chin to the bar on the third rep of the last two sets. Kicking to cheat in the chin-up is similar to using body motion to cheat during the barbell curl or any other rowing motion.
- Chin-ups (BW=159 lbs + 67.5 lbs), 3 sets x 3 reps
I am currently fighting a cold so this is the second time this week I crapped out on my training. However, I felt it was important to ensure that I performed at least one compound exercise. Fortunately chins, if performed with a high enough intensity, stress both the back and biceps enough that today’s effort can be considered a workout.
- Chin-ups* (BW=157 lbs), 40 lbs Backpack, 3 sets x 8 reps
* There seems to be a huge difference in suspending weight from your waist in a deadhang position compared to having the weight in a backpack. I could only do 8 reps with a backpack compared to the sets of 12 reps I was able to do the previous workout with the weight in a deadhang position.