- Chin-ups* (BW=156 lbs + 60 lbs), 3 sets x 5 reps
- Barbell Row (165 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Rack Deadlift** (205 lbs, 275 lbs, 370 lbs), singles
- Shrugs (235 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Barbell Curl (90 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
* I wore my headphones on the first set which got in the way. As a result I had difficulty on the first set. The second set was easier however I will know to never were headphones again. I also gained a large amount of weight since competing in the Fall Classic this past weekend. I am eating sodium again and my body has quickly retained water. I also woke up around 4 AM this morning and had my first coffee. Perhaps I should have slept more then 5 hours but I don’t think it is always necessary to have rest in order for your body to perform.
** Failed on the 370 lbs. I pulled hard for at least three full seconds. The weight felt almost as if it was about to give. The good news is that I can pull like this without a weight lifting belt three times a week and never have any back problems. In fact I believe that it is this kind of regular pulling that keeps my back strong and injury free.
* The dips are feeling heavy but good. I almost failed on the seventh rep on the third set. Typically at this point I would continue to add 5 lbs each workout and drop the reps down to five but the belt I am using is too small so I am going to try something different next workout.
- Chin-ups* (BW=150 lbs + 57.5 lbs), 4 sets x 5 reps
- Barbell Row (200 lbs), 3 sets x 5 reps
- Rack Deadlift (205 lbs, 275 lbs, 365 lbs), singles
- Shrugs (230 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Cheating Barbell Curl (120 lbs), 3 sets x 5 reps
- Lying Leg Raises, 3 sets x 95 reps
* Pulling 57.5 lbs today was easy. I keep adding 2.5 lbs every workout three times a week and so far have never failed on a set.
- Weighted Dips* (BW=149 lbs + 135 lbs), 5 sets x 7 reps
- Partial Rep Bench Press (225 lbs), 4 sets x 5 reps
- Standing Shoulder Press (130 lbs), 4 sets x 5 reps
- Close-grip Bench Press (140 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
* The dips felt much easier today compared to my last training session. I only had a small amount of difficulty completing the seventh rep on the last set. I believe the partial rep bench presses have dramatically improved my strength in the top portion of the movement in a short period of time.
- Chin-ups* (BW=149 lbs + 40 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Barbell Row** (195 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Rack Deadlift (205 lbs, 275 lbs, 360 lbs), singles
- Shrugs (225 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Cheating Barbell Curl*** (115 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
* Pulling 40 lbs this morning was easy. I was tired today and did chins before I even ate breakfast. I am not sure why I am gaining so fast on my biceps. I have never missed a weight increase with the chin-up. I started with 5 lbs and have increased 2.5 lbs every workout religiously without fail.
** 195 lbs in the barbell row is a bit too heavy right now. I enjoy lifting it but I can’t pull the bar to my chest the last few reps each set. I am going to have to drop down to set of 5 reps in order to go heavier. The goal is to keep progressing even if I need to cut down to 3 rep sets until I reach my short term goal with this exercise of being able to handle 225 lbs on a regular basis.
*** I am cheating way too much in the barbell curl with this weight to properly call it a barbell curl. My biceps are still engorged with blood after competing all sets and reps so I am going to continue adding weight each workout until I can on longer curl the weight no matter how much I cheat eventually dropping down to sets of 3 repetitions. I can already curl my body weight for a single repetition so my short term goal is to be able to handle my body weight in the curl for sets of 3.
- Weighted Dips (BW=152 lbs + 130 lbs), 5 sets x 7 reps
- Partial Rep Bench Press (220 lbs), 3 sets x 5 reps
- Standing Shoulder Press* (125 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Close-grip Bench Press** (140 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
* I completed two additional sets using 95 lbs focusing on locking out hard in the top position. I seem to have difficulty with locking out. I believe this resulted from me being lazy in the past and not fully locking out on each repetition. Unfortunately, this has also lead to a plateau in my bench press were I couldn’t get past 300 lbs.
** I only did eleven reps on the second set as my triceps were on fire plus I didn’t have a spotter.
- Chin-ups (BW=151 lbs + 37.5 lbs lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Barbell Row (190 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Rack Deadlift (205 lbs, 275 lbs, 355* lbs), singles
- Shrugs (220 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Barbell Curl (110 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
* Pulling 355 lbs today was easy. I was really sore today but my energy level seem to be very high. Everything felt light today except the barbell rows. I believe that 3 sets for me is enough right now. Adding the additional sets the last workout was too much for the weight I am trying to pull.
- Weighted Dips (BW=150 lbs + 125 lbs), 5 sets x 7 reps
- Partial Rep Bench Press (215 lbs), 5 sets x 5 reps
- Shoulder Press* (125 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Close-grip Bench Press (135 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
* I could only do 2 sets x 7 reps. On the third set I failed on the seventh rep. My left arm seems to be weaker then the right and usually gives out first.