- Chin-ups* (BW=149 lbs + 40 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Barbell Row** (195 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Rack Deadlift (205 lbs, 275 lbs, 360 lbs), singles
- Shrugs (225 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Cheating Barbell Curl*** (115 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
* Pulling 40 lbs this morning was easy. I was tired today and did chins before I even ate breakfast. I am not sure why I am gaining so fast on my biceps. I have never missed a weight increase with the chin-up. I started with 5 lbs and have increased 2.5 lbs every workout religiously without fail.
** 195 lbs in the barbell row is a bit too heavy right now. I enjoy lifting it but I can’t pull the bar to my chest the last few reps each set. I am going to have to drop down to set of 5 reps in order to go heavier. The goal is to keep progressing even if I need to cut down to 3 rep sets until I reach my short term goal with this exercise of being able to handle 225 lbs on a regular basis.
*** I am cheating way too much in the barbell curl with this weight to properly call it a barbell curl. My biceps are still engorged with blood after competing all sets and reps so I am going to continue adding weight each workout until I can on longer curl the weight no matter how much I cheat eventually dropping down to sets of 3 repetitions. I can already curl my body weight for a single repetition so my short term goal is to be able to handle my body weight in the curl for sets of 3.
- Weighted Dips (BW=152 lbs + 130 lbs), 5 sets x 7 reps
- Partial Rep Bench Press (220 lbs), 3 sets x 5 reps
- Standing Shoulder Press* (125 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Close-grip Bench Press** (140 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
* I completed two additional sets using 95 lbs focusing on locking out hard in the top position. I seem to have difficulty with locking out. I believe this resulted from me being lazy in the past and not fully locking out on each repetition. Unfortunately, this has also lead to a plateau in my bench press were I couldn’t get past 300 lbs.
** I only did eleven reps on the second set as my triceps were on fire plus I didn’t have a spotter.
- Chin-ups (BW=151 lbs + 37.5 lbs lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Barbell Row (190 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Rack Deadlift (205 lbs, 275 lbs, 355* lbs), singles
- Shrugs (220 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Barbell Curl (110 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
* Pulling 355 lbs today was easy. I was really sore today but my energy level seem to be very high. Everything felt light today except the barbell rows. I believe that 3 sets for me is enough right now. Adding the additional sets the last workout was too much for the weight I am trying to pull.
- Weighted Dips (BW=150 lbs + 125 lbs), 5 sets x 7 reps
- Partial Rep Bench Press (215 lbs), 5 sets x 5 reps
- Shoulder Press* (125 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Close-grip Bench Press (135 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
* I could only do 2 sets x 7 reps. On the third set I failed on the seventh rep. My left arm seems to be weaker then the right and usually gives out first.
- Weighted Cin-ups (bodyweight=150 lbs)
- Barbell Row
- 185 lbs, 5 sets x 7 reps*
- Rack Deadlift
- 275 lbs x 1 rep
- 345 lbs x 1 rep
- 355 lbs x Failed**
- 215 lbs, 2 sets x 12 reps
- Barbell Curl
* The last two sets felt almost too heavy. The last workout I only performed 3 sets.
** 345 lbs felt easy this time so I tried 355 lbs and was only able to pull the left side of the bar off the rack. Based on how I felt and the fact this exercise is new for me I should be able to pull this weight the next workout.
- Chin-ups (BW=151 lbs + 25 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Barbell Row (180 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Rack Deadlift (205 lbs, 275 lbs, 325 lbs, 345* lbs), singles
- Barbell Curl (100 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
* Failed. I couldn’t even budge the weight.
Chest and Back:
- Chin-ups (BW=152 lbs + 22.5 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Weighted Dips (BW=152 lbs + 110 lbs), 4 sets x 7 reps
- Barbell Row (175 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Shoulder Press (115 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Bent Over Lateral Raise (25 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Barbell Curl (95 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Push-ups*, 2 sets x 45 reps
* Adding the additional 5 reps per set this time seems to be a bit too difficult. As a result I only did two sets instead of 3.