- Weighted Dips (BW=157 lbs), 85 lbs x 15 reps, 145 lbs x 5 reps, 160 lbs x 2 reps
- Partial Rep Bench Press (245 lbs), 4 sets x 5 reps
- Seated Shoulder Press* (120 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Close-grip Bench Press (160 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
* The seated shoulder press is much easier then the standing shoulder or military press. I switched to seated shoulder press as it will be much easier to progress to a heavier weight. This will allow me to develop my front delt to a greater extent which is required for bodybuilding.
- Chin-ups* (BW=159 lbs + 62.5 lbs), 3 sets x 5 reps
- Barbell Row (170 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Shrugs (240 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Cheating Barbell Curl (125 lbs), 5 sets x 3 reps
* I could do 5 reps on the first set but only 4 and then 3 on the last two sets. I am not frustrated with this failure as it is the first. I have gained almost 10 lbs in the last week since the contest. If it wasn’t for the weight gain I might have had no difficulty with the increase in resistance. I an going to drop my rep range down to 3 and continue adding 2.5 lbs each workout as normal. My goal is to hit 100 lbs so I would rather ensure I end up being able to pull 100 lbs for reps before focusing on any muscular endurance at this point.
- Weighted Dips* (BW=158 lbs + 75 lbs), 2 sets x 15 reps
- Partial Rep Bench Press (235 lbs), 4 sets x 5 reps
- Shoulder Press (110 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Close-grip Bench Press (150 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
* This is the first time I have used a backpack. The world record is set with with the weight in a backpack. I did 17 reps on the second set. I believe if I was fired up and wasn’t so sore I could have done 2 sets of 20 reps.
- Chin-ups* (BW=156 lbs + 60 lbs), 3 sets x 5 reps
- Barbell Row (165 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Rack Deadlift** (205 lbs, 275 lbs, 370 lbs), singles
- Shrugs (235 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Barbell Curl (90 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
* I wore my headphones on the first set which got in the way. As a result I had difficulty on the first set. The second set was easier however I will know to never were headphones again. I also gained a large amount of weight since competing in the Fall Classic this past weekend. I am eating sodium again and my body has quickly retained water. I also woke up around 4 AM this morning and had my first coffee. Perhaps I should have slept more then 5 hours but I don’t think it is always necessary to have rest in order for your body to perform.
** Failed on the 370 lbs. I pulled hard for at least three full seconds. The weight felt almost as if it was about to give. The good news is that I can pull like this without a weight lifting belt three times a week and never have any back problems. In fact I believe that it is this kind of regular pulling that keeps my back strong and injury free.
* The dips are feeling heavy but good. I almost failed on the seventh rep on the third set. Typically at this point I would continue to add 5 lbs each workout and drop the reps down to five but the belt I am using is too small so I am going to try something different next workout.
- Chin-ups* (BW=150 lbs + 57.5 lbs), 4 sets x 5 reps
- Barbell Row (200 lbs), 3 sets x 5 reps
- Rack Deadlift (205 lbs, 275 lbs, 365 lbs), singles
- Shrugs (230 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Cheating Barbell Curl (120 lbs), 3 sets x 5 reps
- Lying Leg Raises, 3 sets x 95 reps
* Pulling 57.5 lbs today was easy. I keep adding 2.5 lbs every workout three times a week and so far have never failed on a set.