Chest & Back
- Superset: Chin-up & Dips*
- BW = 193 lbs, 5 sets x 7 reps
- Superset: Bent-arm Pullover & Barbell Curl
- 75 lbs, 5 sets x 7 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Curl**
- 35 lbs x 12 reps
- 40 lbs x 7 reps
- 50 lbs x 3 reps
- Barbell Overhead Triceps Extension
- 75 lbs, 3 sets x 7 reps
* When performing these two exercises as a superset my muscles quickly become fatigued and I have to do partial reps on the last few sets in order to finish. When performing these exercises individually I can easily add additional weight in excess of 25 lbs for the same amount of reps.
** The lactic acid burn I feel in the incline dumbbell curl when doing higher reps is phenomenal. Even after completing a set it takes several seconds for the pain in my biceps to subside.
- Power Snatch (w/o straps)
- 80 lbs, 5 sets x 3 reps
- Weighted Pull-up (BW = 191 lbs)*
- 25 lbs, 3 sets x 5 reps
- Strict Curl
- 95 lbs x 1 rep
- 115 lbs x 1 rep
- 135 lbs x 1 rep
* This is the first time being able to do pull-ups again in over half a year since I hurt my shoulder. This weight felt a little heavy so I am going to start back down at 2.5 lbs and work my way back up slowly so that I can allow myself to stretch at the bottom part of the movement. My should injury limited my range of motion and I haven’t allowed myself to stretch the lats in the bottom portion of the chin-up either.
* I have previously gone up to 150 lbs for 3 sets of 3 reps in the hang power snatch using straps with a body weight of 105-160 lbs. I am starting out light as this is the first time doing this exercise without straps and because of a past should injury which was the initial cause of me having to stop performing most overhead exercises for over half a year.