- Weighted Dips* (BW=149 lbs + 135 lbs), 5 sets x 7 reps
- Partial Rep Bench Press (225 lbs), 4 sets x 5 reps
- Standing Shoulder Press (130 lbs), 4 sets x 5 reps
- Close-grip Bench Press (140 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
* The dips felt much easier today compared to my last training session. I only had a small amount of difficulty completing the seventh rep on the last set. I believe the partial rep bench presses have dramatically improved my strength in the top portion of the movement in a short period of time.
- Weighted Dips (BW=152 lbs + 130 lbs), 5 sets x 7 reps
- Partial Rep Bench Press (220 lbs), 3 sets x 5 reps
- Standing Shoulder Press* (125 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Close-grip Bench Press** (140 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
* I completed two additional sets using 95 lbs focusing on locking out hard in the top position. I seem to have difficulty with locking out. I believe this resulted from me being lazy in the past and not fully locking out on each repetition. Unfortunately, this has also lead to a plateau in my bench press were I couldn’t get past 300 lbs.
** I only did eleven reps on the second set as my triceps were on fire plus I didn’t have a spotter.