- Bench Press (205 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Incline Bench Press (160 lbs, 35°), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Standing Shoulder Press (120 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Dumbbell Triceps Extension (30 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
I feel very frustrated with myself as my right shoulder is still sore from an injury I sustained while doing push presses over three months ago. I am certain once this injury heals I will be able to dramatically increase the weight I am lifting in each movement within a short period of time. However, at the age of 37 my body doesn’t recover as fast as it used to and more patience is required on my part.
- Bench Press (195 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Incline Bench Press* (160 lbs, 35°), 3 sets x 7 reps
- Standing Shoulder Press** (145 lbs), 3 sets x 7 reps
* Most of the reps I performed were short of reaching my chest by about 2 inches. My right shoulder is still sore from three months ago when I hit it with a barbell while doing push presses. It has been a long slow road to recovery.
** I had to drop the weight I use in the standing shoulder press since I started doing full range bench presses again. Now that I added incline presses back into my routine the fatigue in my shoulders is even that much greater. I am not concerned as I am sure once my body adapts I will slowly increase the weight again. I just thought I should make a not of this phenomena in my training journal for reference in the future.