- Seated Half Press
- 135 lbs x 7 reps
- 185 lbs x 7 reps
- Superset: Standing Shoulder Press & Barbell Upright Row
- 90 lbs, 2 sets x 7 reps*
- Around The World Lateral Raise
- 20 lbs, 5 sets x 7 reps
- Barbell Front Lateral Raise**
- 45 lbs, 3 sets x 12 reps
- Barbell Cheat Curl
- 175 lbs x 5 reps
- Superset: Strict Biceps Curl & Skull Crusher***
- 45 lbs, 3 sets x 20 reps
* I accidentally increased the weight by 10 lbs instead of 5 lbs and believe this resulted in a slight amount of pain in my left shoulder on the fifth rep of the second set so I immediately dropped the weight to the ground. I would rather drop the weight than risk injuring my shoulder shoulder again. I always either use bumper plates so I can drop the weight to the floor without consequence or use a power rack.
** I added front lateral raises to ensure I properly work the front delt since I only was able to complete one superset for my shoulders.
***I reduced the amount of triceps training this workout to give my elbows a bit of a chance to recover. Over the last little while I have been feeling twinges of pain in the elbows when I am warming up for various triceps exercises.
I have been training the arms hard for the last little while and am going to focus on pressing movements to build the triceps rather than extensions as my elbows can’t take the damage. I believe a small amount of damage is good but not enough that your elbows hurt while warming up for the bench press.