- Chin-ups* (BW=156 lbs + 60 lbs), 3 sets x 5 reps
- Barbell Row (165 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Rack Deadlift** (205 lbs, 275 lbs, 370 lbs), singles
- Shrugs (235 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
- Barbell Curl (90 lbs), 2 sets x 12 reps
* I wore my headphones on the first set which got in the way. As a result I had difficulty on the first set. The second set was easier however I will know to never were headphones again. I also gained a large amount of weight since competing in the Fall Classic this past weekend. I am eating sodium again and my body has quickly retained water. I also woke up around 4 AM this morning and had my first coffee. Perhaps I should have slept more then 5 hours but I don’t think it is always necessary to have rest in order for your body to perform.
** Failed on the 370 lbs. I pulled hard for at least three full seconds. The weight felt almost as if it was about to give. The good news is that I can pull like this without a weight lifting belt three times a week and never have any back problems. In fact I believe that it is this kind of regular pulling that keeps my back strong and injury free.